THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday 17 April 2011

Sunday, park, scanner, 1920s Hollywood


Only a few small aftershocks today. The first one shook me awake at about three in the morning, but I went straight back to sleep.

I had a good and quiet day. Went to the park and managed to find a very secluded spot to read my book. Also took lots of pictures of various types of blossom. 

Went to the video shop and rented two documentaries, one on Leonardo Da Vinci and the other on the making of "Deep Throat" (who said I didn't have eclectic tastes?) and "Taboo", the musical written by Boy George. I expect them to be fascinating, hilarious and dreadful in that order.

Hubby managed to resurrect my wonderful Epson scanner/printer/tardis after the nasty earthquake nearly killed it. It has a big piece broken off the paper feed where one of my boxes fell on it, but is otherwise back in action. My first project is to get some old pictures from about 20 years ago up on my FB. The second project is a lot more exciting - scanning hubby's grandfather's photo album from the 1920's when he was a swing band leader in Hollywood. Grandpa K knew Bing Crosby, Paul Whiteman and Charlie Chaplin. His album has about 50 pictures in it dating back to when Hollywood was just dirt tracks and trees. There is even one fascinating little picture which I think might be Chaplin, but it is hard to see as it is so small.


Hollywood c1928

 Universal Studios c1928



Hollywood c1928
 Julian Oil Wells c1928


Grandpa K (middle) posing as a cowboy, Hollywood c1928


Grandma and Grandpa K (on the right) on a cruise liner c1928

I hope to put some more up soon.



0 comments: