THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday 26 May 2011

Sleep Deprivation

I am absolutely knackered this evening. The kids at the elementary school are getting up earlier and earlier. This morning they were out there playing drums from SIX THIRTY AM! What kind of crazy time is that? They pounded drums and yelled until 10AM, then stopped, but I had to get ready for work at that point, so I couldn't even take a nap. This sleep deprivation will kill me. I just don't understand why that bleeding school puts so much emphasis on teaching the kids how to make barbarian noises for sports day - what is the point of wasting all that time just to teach children to make a noise? Why can't they play sport QUIETLY? Why does it have to be accompanied by drums and yelling? Those stupid bloody teachers need a good punch in the head, and if I don't get some sleep soon, my temper will be so far off the chart that it'll be more and more likely that I go round there and punch their lights out.It is raining tonight, so I am hoping that it will pee it down tomorrow morning and keep those little bleeders indoors again.

I had a good day yesterday out at Aoyama Gakuin University. The campus I went to was miles away from Aoyama - on the Yokohama Line right out in Kanagawa - but the campus was beautiful and leafy and very very modern (only opened in 2003). The lecture went well, the students seemed keen, and the staff were lovely and gave us chocolates. I will be out there again in three weeks (unless I have died from sleep deprivation, or am in jail for shoving a bongo up an elementary school teacher's anus).

Watched the first two episodes of "The Singing Detective". It really is good and I recommend you watch it.

0 comments: