THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday 29 May 2011

My Ancestors

I'm still plodding on with the family tree. I've managed to go back to my 11x Great-Grandparents. The aristocratic connection is looking more and more dodgy every day, so I have omitted it from the tree. Today I compiled a list of surnames of all the ancestors I've traced so far. By a quirk of fate I could have ended up with any one of these surnames:

Baird
Bestweeke
Bloor
Blower
Bold
Bowman
Brown
Bryan
Camm
Cheetham
Chevin
Cockayne
Cook
Corah
Correy
Frew
Gillitt
Hanna
Harrison
Holland
Howitt
Jackson
Kerry
McCarroll
Millward
Old
Oldershaw
Pountain
Severn
Taylor
Vessey
Wardley
Wheatley
Williams
Willmott
Winfield
Wood

I have got back about as far as I can now on my mum's side. It's bothering me that I haven't been able to make any progress on my dad's side as the Irish records are not online. I'm especially irritated because the whole purpose of looking into the family tree to start with was to find out about his dad. Hm, perhaps time to hire a professional genealogist. I wonder how much they cost?

0 comments: